Anna is a playable character in Valiant Hearts: The Great War.
Anna is a Belgian nurse tending to the wounded soldiers on the battlefield. In the search of her father, captured by the Germans, she continues to tend to the wounded and find her father.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Anna was born in Ypres, Belgium, on December 26, 1891 - according to her official profile. At the beginning of the game in August 1914, she is 22 years old.
- During the spring of 1914, her father Paul sent her to school in Paris. According to her official profile, Anna quit school immediately at the beginning of the conflict to help with the war effort by working in a munitions factory. When she learned that her father had been kidnapped by the Germans, she left Paris in order to try to find a way to save him.
- Anna is in every driving sequence in the game. During Anna's "Paris to the Marne" taxi drive, the required in-game movements are set in time with the movements to the "Orpheus in the Underworld" (Can-Can song). The rhythm can be used to predict the next movement.
- In the game's chronology, Anna and Karl have the earliest diary entries (August 1, 1914), set directly before Germany declares war on France (August 3).
- Anna's taxi drive from Paris to the Marne is directly inspired by the requisitioning of taxi cabs during the First Battle of the Marne, when between 600 and 1000 taxis were used to transport reinforcements from Paris to the front.
- Anna is the only playable female character in the game.